|SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER|
The City of Carlisle is now accepting applications for the position of full-time School Resource Officer. Applicants for the position must have prior law enforcement experience, be graduates of an accredited law enforcement training academy, be CLEST-certified (Basic through Senior certificates only), and have an excellent employment history and references.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following minimum standards as established by the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training:
1. Be a citizen of the United States.
2. Be at least 21 years of age.
3. Submit to a fingerprint record check to disclose any criminal record.
4. Be free of any felony record, be free of any convictions for domestic violence, have never been the
subject of a protective order due to domestic violence, or have any other history of criminal
activity which would preclude the applicant from legally possessing a firearm.
5. Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
6. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
7. Be examined by a licensed physician and meet physical requirements.
8. Have uncorrected visual acuity of 20/100 or better in each eye, corrected to 20/20 in
each eye, both at 16 inches and 20 feet.
9. Have normal hearing and be free of hearing defects (Hearing is considered normal when a
whispered conversation can be heard at 15 feet.).
10. Successfully pass a departmental interview.
11. Pass a psychological examination administered by a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist.
12. Possess a valid Arkansas driver's license.
Note: This position does have a residency requirement. If hired, the applicant must, as a condition
of employment, agree to relocate to or reside within a 15-mile radius of Carlisle within six months of the date of hire.
In addition to the standard job requirements normally associated with a sworn police officer position, the successful applicant will also:
Do not submit a general City Employment Application to apply for this