The City of Carlisle is now accepting applications for a full-time dispatcher/jailer position. Preference will be given to prospective applicants who are ACIC Advanced Level-certified, who have completed the ALETA Basic Telecommunications Course or APCO Public Safety Telecommunicator I Course, have successfully completed a state-certified Basic Jail Course, and who have prior law enforcement dispatch and/or jail experience. Good communication and people skills, as well as some familiarity with computers and the ability to type at least 30 words per minute, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this job classification. In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Submit to a fingerprint record check to disclose any criminal record.
3. Be free of a felony record.
4. Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
5. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
6. Be examined by a licensed physician and meet physical requirements.
7. Have uncorrected visual acuity of 20/100 or better in each eye, corrected to 20/20 in
each eye, both at 16 inches and 20 feet.
8. Have normal hearing and be free of hearing defects (Hearing is considered normal when a
whispered conversation can be heard at 15 feet.).
9. Pass a psychological examination administered by a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist.
10. Successfully pass a departmental interview.
11. Possess a valid Arkansas driver's license.
Do not submit a general City Employment Application to apply for this position.
Persons interested in applying for this position will be asked to complete and submit an Employment Interest Form. Once the form is received and reviewed, applicants will then be asked to complete and submit a comprehensive Personal History Statement, and will be subject to a background investigation. Only upon completion of the background investigation will applicants be invited to interview for the position.
The following item is in PDF format and is available for viewing or download:
• CPD-64 Employment Interest Form